Anti-Procrastination Methods

Ashika

Guest Mr Canada
Care to share what works for you?

Or any methods you've attempted?

I am currently using these methods:

1. Work for 20 mins and then take a break for 10.

Yeah that about does it for me. Otherwise I get quite agitated. Sometimes, though, I could get a fit and just work for like 4-5 hours straight with no agitation.

2. Starting tomorrow my friend and I going to only go online for an hour a day.

Eh ok. Good luck with that. :sadnod:

The (10+2)*5 method works.

You do work for 10 minutes straight.

Then for 2 minutes, you MUST go play or chat on MSN. You're not allowed to skip it.

Then for 10 minutes, you do work.

Repeat this 5 times, and you'll have done 50 minutes of work and 10 minutes of relaxation.

Now the secret to this, is that eventually, you'll start skipping play time, because you're a rebel and like to break rules. And that's when you go "Oh I get it, this evil scheme makes me hate playtime more than work"

Try it, you'll find that you'll do work voluntarily without forcing yourself to. You just need to force yourself to START.

My problem is that I think of too many things at the same time. So now, I do most of the things of which I'm thinking (like to call my friend, check IB forum :rolleyes: ,mess up, change a date in the calendar^^...) but in a relatively short time. After that I can fully concentrate on studying.

Haha cutting off the internet would be also the best way for me to stop procrastinating :P

• 2 weeks later...
I like the work for X minutes then take a break but I try to work like 1 hour then take a break. Taking a break every 10 minutes seems to choppy for me.

I agree, i always just finish the assignment i am at and then take a break (eat a snack, walk around). But once i start something, i have to finish it to take a break......work for me!!!!