Anti-Procrastination Methods

Ashika

Fortunately I have lots of empty lessons and an hour ride on the train to and from school, I mostly use this time do get a large portion of my work done because there really isn't anything else to do.

A weird method that helps me at times is reverse-procrastination. I write my thing and once my pointer reaches for an icon I think to myself "Meeh, later."

• 3 weeks later...

My friend and I have started making lists of things we have to do every day. Both write the same number of things, usually 4-5 major ones and a couple of things that are not really homework - revision, vocab etc. The next day we go over what we've done, and for each point on the list you haven't done, you have to pay the other person about 1£. It might not seem very much, but after a while, you really want to get your homework done asap :D It has worked pretty good so far. :D

^^ It's really good because you help each other out, and you feel so good when you've actually done something and things you don't even have to do (... and saved some money ;P). And that someone else cares about how you're doing with everything and wants you to succeed (if they're not broke, heh :D ) really helps too.

The only time I don't procrastinate is if I'm under pressure

It's so much easier to will yourself to work when it's due the next day. D:

Deactivating facebook and uninstalling MSN are awesome ideas o: Never thought of it myself.

I probably need to disconnected my internet too just to keep me away ~_~

I dont even use MSN much and facebook not at all, but i still end up procrastinating. I'l open up my tok essay draft, stare at it for a while then close it down and open my chem prac up, stare, close, open something else. Around exam times, I procrastinate by thinking of different ways I could stop myself from procrastinating.

Actually that list idea sounds like it'l work pretty well for me, since im a tightass.

I guess deadlines are the only things that keep me in check. Move the actual deadlines heaps earlier, tell yourself that your WL draft is actually due 2 weeks before the actual date. Of course, this will probably make things more hectic but thats the way I like to work.

Most of the time, im really determined to get all of my homework finished, but after like an hour or so...I find myself watching youtube, facebooking, or listening to music, ALL while "trying" to do my work hahaha. Then i regret the work the day after thinking it was all a waste of time.

But sometimes, i work really well under pressure (i.e. like finishing a psych 20 point at 11:30 PM, or a really big project thats worth a large chunk of my grade) I dont know really, it keeps me going tho haha

Anybody else thats like me ?? :P ----- :)

I've been trying this new method that is part anti-procrastination and part anti-stress and it's helped me be more productive and less stressful while I work. Here it is. After I get home from school I used to get started on my homework right away because I was worried about how much I had to do, but then I would be stressed out and distracted easily. Now I force myself to do something else for about 1 1/2 hours (procrastinate). But what ends up happening is I get bored and want to get my homework out of the way so I start volunterrily. This helps me get my work done with a better attitude and gets everything else out of the way before I even start :P .

I actually got checked for ADD and didn't have it :D I thought I did because I couldn't concentrate in class! I still can't... I wanna get checked again...

:blink:

But if it's not ADD...then what could it be?

I've got an EE idea!

Does the frequency of ADD in IB students have to do with procrastination?

I guess it could be improved...

and would it be Biology?

...or Psychology?