Anti-Procrastination Methods

Ashika

i have a procrastination problem as well!! i found that my procrastination is due to the fact that once i get home, i eat and get really tired and eventually go to sleep..which leads to me being lazy, which leads to me not doing my homework/staying up really late. so what i found was that the best way to end this cycle is by coming home, starting my homework right away, and then, once the homework cycle has begun, take snacks and eat dinner AT DINNER TIME!

so, to sum up, my tips are:

start homework right when you get home

avoid sleeping

stay offline/off facebook/myspace

and lastly:

just remember that the sooner you finish your work, the faster you get to do all that other stuff!

I find I'm tired when I get home too, so what I do is unwind with some TV, family time, etc, then do only what's absolutely necassary for the next day, then I end by going for a run.I go to sleep early and thus can wake up early- I find I work best in the mornings and am less likely to procrastinate .Plus the rest of the house is sleeping, so I dont really have much of a choice.

Bribing myself also works.And repeating the olympic motto.

I find I'm tired when I get home too, so what I do is unwind with some TV, family time, etc, then do only what's absolutely necassary for the next day, then I end by going for a run.I go to sleep early and thus can wake up early- I find I work best in the mornings and am less likely to procrastinate .Plus the rest of the house is sleeping, so I dont really have much of a choice.

Bribing myself also works.And repeating the olympic motto.

This is why I like working after 10 pm haha. Sister is sleeping and not many interesting people are on MSN.

I usually just tell myself that if I don't accomplish something in a certain time period, I'll ultimately receive horrible grades, which will lead to the rejection of my university application, which will lead to my inevitable homelessness, which will lead to my premature death as a panhandler in a shopping cart.

That usually helps.