Global business

TNT

I would assume, to help them understand the success and failures of global businesses. That would be a smart thing to do because it would ensure that you don't make the same mistake the business has done. That's if you want your business to stay afloat that is.

You might want to be a little more specific. Do you mean why people, as in businesses, would want to study it, or why a student like you would want to study it at uni?

As for the latter, I suppose it really depends on the university you're going to, and what your International/Global Business courses offer. I recently graduated with an Int'l Business degree myself (I was about to say IB but then that's way too confusing...) and my experience at IBusiness at university was very management-orientated, and involved study management styles and practices in a global business and around the world. As such, IBusiness is not necessary useful on its own, because you can't graduate from university with a degree in International Business and expect to be able to jump straight to management. It's often then combined with another field of study, say, Marketing or Finance, and that would be your main field of work, and the IBusiness part would supplement you, allowing you to be more adept at working in a global environment.