Physics Options

Caitlin

Physics HL options  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Which Physics HL option are you doing/have done?

• Relativity
    • Medical physics
    • Particle physics
    • Astrophysics
    • Communications
    • Electromagnetic waves

Our SL group were very lucky. I think they ended up learning 3/4 options. There own and the SL part of our options. So they could pick the ones that they're comfortable with. We did Communications (I HATE OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIERS, to this day I don't understand how to do their calculations!!) and E-Waves (Great topic). We had like 4 different physics teacher, and this made us lurk behind the syllabus. We had to teach ourselves the options, fml :)

Really find electromagnetic waves a nice topic. Our teacher has asked us which other option we want to do.. We not sure yet. But majority of us chose particle physics? what does everyone else thing about that chose. Seems like a good one to me. :yes:

• 1 month later...

Yaay finally a thread in here I can really answer to. XD

Optics - only only Phys topic I liked. Thus I got 7 in Paper 3. Thus making my 6. XD

And SL Extention for Mechanics which was just a lot of deriving and memorising. Very easy.

And the HL people did Astro which I heard was easy. :P

I do HL Physics and although we do do Astrophysics it's really not as easy as they made out. Although its not as many formulae etc. there is loads of theory involved. But its great fun :P xo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are going to do Sight and Wave Phenomena (Ugh.. i wished i could do Physics HL, but our school doesn't offer it..) and Electromagnetic Waves. Sight and wave phenomena doesn't appeal me as much as the other options, i'm planning on teaching myself Astrophysics hehe. EM Waves option looks amazing IMO.

We are going to do Sight and Wave Phenomena (Ugh.. i wished i could do Physics HL, but our school doesn't offer it..) and Electromagnetic Waves. Sight and wave phenomena doesn't appeal me as much as the other options, i'm planning on teaching myself Astrophysics hehe. EM Waves option looks amazing IMO.

astro is easily doable on your own. More so than the other topics in my opinion. I wish we could have done quantum mechanics :( I voted to do it in our class and I got several glaring stares back at me...

astro is easily doable on your own. More so than the other topics in my opinion. I wish we could have done quantum mechanics :( I voted to do it in our class and I got several glaring stares back at me...

L0L

Same thing happened to me when i proposed to do Astrophysics.... We are only 5 in our Physics class, including me. :)

I was planning on teaching my self Relativity and Particle Physics, but some people told me it's weird and difficult. I've read my textbooks and Astrophysics doesn't seem quite hard TBH.

L0L

Same thing happened to me when i proposed to do Astrophysics.... We are only 5 in our Physics class, including me. :)

I was planning on teaching my self Relativity and Particle Physics, but some people told me it's weird and difficult. I've read my textbooks and Astrophysics doesn't seem quite hard TBH.

It's not hard at all! I mean, paper2 this year had a question that literally asked for the planets in order of distance from the sun and then in order of increasing diameter...

We only have 5 too :( 5IB at least, we have 1 person doing it with us because our school had a loophole to allow her to take it since she took the first year as an AP kid.

We only had 5 HL chem kids this year too :( We have a ton taking bio, as always. :(

I think the hardest question for astrophysics this year (which wasn't hard, i just ran out of time =/) was using a single equation, inserting a conversion into it, and then making a ratio to find some distances XD

L0L

It's not hard at all! I mean, paper2 this year had a question that literally asked for the planets in order of distance from the sun and then in order of increasing diameter...

We only have 5 too :( 5IB at least, we have 1 person doing it with us because our school had a loophole to allow her to take it since she took the first year as an AP kid.

We only had 5 HL chem kids this year too :( We have a ton taking bio, as always. :(

I think the hardest question for astrophysics this year (which wasn't hard, i just ran out of time =/) was using a single equation, inserting a conversion into it, and then making a ratio to find some distances XD

L0L.

Well it feels pretty nice to be only 5 at our class. It's peaceful, we help each other, no drama, no distractions...

But..

Our Biology class (A friend told me), they have 12 students, and it's complete chaos. People start playing in the middle of the class, playing with their laptops, laying on the floor... Lol someone told me that they would only finish this year up to Chemistry of Life (Something like that, i don't remember, probably Topic 3 or 4)

L0L

L0L.

Well it feels pretty nice to be only 5 at our class. It's peaceful, we help each other, no drama, no distractions...

But..

Our Biology class (A friend told me), they have 12 students, and it's complete chaos. People start playing in the middle of the class, playing with their laptops, laying on the floor... Lol someone told me that they would only finish this year up to Chemistry of Life (Something like that, i don't remember, probably Topic 3 or 4)

Wooooow, they're going to be so behind! We finished the entire HL core in one year. We did nothing but options (and related core objectives) this year...

Yea, 5 HL Chem kids in the same room can be fun. But also kind of sad when we get a question the stumps all 6 of us (yea, teacher too...)

L0L

L0L.

But..

Wooooow, they're going to be so behind! We finished the entire HL core in one year. We did nothing but options (and related core objectives) this year...

Yea, 5 HL Chem kids in the same room can be fun. But also kind of sad when we get a question the stumps all 6 of us (yea, teacher too...)

Lol.

I'm the only one taking Chemistry in my school, hehe. Pretty much my teacher teaches me one hour at school, she gives me exercises/guides me in things i don't understand, then another one comes on Fridays/Saturdays to actually do the syllabus.

L0L

L0L.

But..

Lol.

I'm the only one taking Chemistry in my school, hehe. Pretty much my teacher teaches me one hour at school, she gives me exercises/guides me in things i don't understand, then another one comes on Fridays/Saturdays to actually do the syllabus.

Well, if you ever need help, hit up the help thread over in that forum. Me or Keel will probably answer you rather quickly. We almost compete over who is faster sometimes when we're bored XD

L0L

L0L.

But..

Lol.

Well, if you ever need help, hit up the help thread over in that forum. Me or Keel will probably answer you rather quickly. We almost compete over who is faster sometimes when we're bored XD

LMAO,

I want to do that on the Physics thread (Physics is my passion, i plan to study that at University), but it's not so active as the other sciences. P:

Hehe i always ask ya guys for help. Specially on those weird Stochiometry questions. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...