Oxford IB Geography Study Guide

masochist

Hello,

I did use it when I was in my final year of IB but I borrowed mine from the school library. It was a really good book for revision, so I would say yes. But maybe see if you can download it or borrow it instead of buying it?

Yeah I'm looking really hard for a locally available book/library book/.pdf / a torrent or whatever but even though there are really easily downloadable or borrowed or bought ones for essentially every other subject the geography one is not available anywhere except online x___________x.

It's really annoying but I guess it just isn't that popular a subject? idk

Does anyone know where I could obtain a .pdf or a torrent? :D

• 1 month later...

If you want to get the book at least go and buy it, that way you are allowing the company to make it for future IB people to have a book to revise from. Its not THAT expensive on amazon...

The oxford revision guides are really good ! they are detailed and work really well as last minute- night before revision/ looking over as it not as massive as a textbook or your notes. Personally I revise from revision guides and the textbooks, never my notes but maybe thats just me. You can use it as a quick check as well if you need to remember something and its not in your note.

I recently bought one;

It's a great summary and reference, but I have only studied options for year 1 so I can't tell for the core topics. Options seems fairly well covered, could be more extensive but it's a study guide.

The great thing is it has boxes of case studies, and a lot extension links you can visit.

Overall pretty good.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It's a bit silly to say that one can't identify the core topics, since they're listed and divided into three distinct parts in the book - Core themes, optional themes, and the higher level extension.

I just wrote all three of my Geography HL papers, and I can't say much more than that- but I can say this: of all my courses, buying the Geography study guide was the best decision of my IB career. Far more useful than a biology, chemistry or even math study guide is - pretty much everything you read is directly applicable.

If you're in first year, ask your teacher if your class can get together and do a bulk purchase, educators can get special discounts!