Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Work hard party harder

Hey guys just one more question: Are titles like 'Introduction', 'main Body' and 'Conclusion' included in the word count? Also, when I use a quote, I add (author, page number of quote) after it. This, by Microsoft Word is counted as 2 words. Are these supposed to be included in the word count? The same question applies for the World Literature Essay. Thanks.

Love P&P. :blum: I wish I had thought to do my EE on that lovely book! Regarding your question, those titles do count, but parenthetical citations do not. I think it is the same in the WL paper but I'm not entirely sure.

Tahnk you soo much! Just to let everyone know, the question is still open :blum:

But thanks alot!

:P

Guys, can we limit the talk on EE and IA and writing essays on Pride and Prejudice from this thread? I know it's a pretty blurred line, but if you want to talk about the books in relation to reading it in class or an assignment on it, plrease go to the Language A1 forum. This is to discuss the book as a book, for reading pleasure.

I think Mrs. Bennet's behavoir is sometimes adorable but sometimes annoying too. Like when she's constantly gossiping and almost desperately tries to keep her daughters around the men SHE wants them to marry, almost regardless of what they want. What are your views?

You're not really supposed to support how Mrs Bennet goes about her business, but I think readers at the time would probably look at Mrs Bennet with a wry smile and a certain sympathy. She has the right priority - getting her daughters settled and married - but she goes about it in a very...umm...over-enthusiastic way.

I think Mrs. Bennet's behavoir is sometimes adorable but sometimes annoying too. Like when she's constantly gossiping and almost desperately tries to keep her daughters around the men SHE wants them to marry, almost regardless of what they want. What are your views?

You're not really supposed to support how Mrs Bennet goes about her business, but I think readers at the time would probably look at Mrs Bennet with a wry smile and a certain sympathy. She has the right priority - getting her daughters settled and married - but she goes about it in a very...umm...over-enthusiastic way.

I can relate to Mrs. Bennet because I have a mother of my own with siilar if not identical traits. I think the perfect word to describe her was with "effusion".

She's just a woman so deep within the practices of her traditions and slave to social convention, that contradicting herself is the only means she can go about living.

One day she was completely hating Lydia for causing the family shame by eloping, decreasing the chance for her sisters to ever marry. The other day she was set again as her favourite daughter because all of a sudden she was Mrs. Wickham. The woman is to be hated, and nothing more or less!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mrs.Bennet drove me crazy! Her principles are all upside down. Yeah, she definitely tries to keep her daughters near the men she wants them to marry. She seems to think she knows what's best for her daughters, specifically, who's best for her daughters. Well, despite her character, I loved the book! :D

Edited by LiveLaughLove