A favicon for ibsurvival.com!

gaggia

To my utter concern and total disappointment I realized that ibsurvival lacks a favicon; that is, a small icon for the website that is displayed just left of the URL at the top of your browser as well as in your bookmarks list. I made one for you guys from the latest logo of the IBO -- it's properly formatted but before use it has to be renamed favicon.ico. I think it gives a nice, unique touch to the site on everyone's bookmark lists! I've attached two versions that differ in the way they are compressed, but it should make no practical difference on appearance.

Dumping the file into to the root directory should be enough to enable the icon -- no changes should be necessary in the CP although the foreign files verification may complain about it, but you can just set it to ignore it like anything else. Have fun :worship:

ibsurvival_1.ico

ibsurvival_2.ico

To my utter concern and total disappointment I realized that ibsurvival lacks a favicon; that is, a small icon for the website that is displayed just left of the URL at the top of your browser as well as in your bookmarks list. I made one for you guys from the latest logo of the IBO -- it's properly formatted but before use it has to be renamed favicon.ico. I think it gives a nice, unique touch to the site on everyone's bookmark lists! I've attached two versions that differ in the way they are compressed, but it should make no practical difference on appearance.

Dumping the file into to the root directory should be enough to enable the icon -- no changes should be necessary in the CP although the foreign files verification may complain about it, but you can just set it to ignore it like anything else. Have fun :worship:

Although it is very nice of you to provide with a favicon for IBsurvival, I don't think we are allowed to use it if it is from the IBO logo. I believe they used the IBO logo last time in the header but because of copyright issues, had to remove it and change it (now has the TSR student Earth on)

Edited by Afterglow

Well then we're just gonna have to use some other non-copyrighted image -- like the classic subject choice matrix or an old logo :worship:

The image is used on tons of other sites out there, and for something as small as the favicon it may be tough to claim it's made from their exact logo

• 2 weeks later...