Type II -- Population Trends in China

Karl H T

Hi Everybody,

Can anyone guide me as to what technology you can use to estimate K, L & M?

We have all the data points, but solving the equation manually is very tedious, and I'm not sure what technology to use.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Everybody,

Can anyone guide me as to what technology you can use to estimate K, L & M?

We have all the data points, but solving the equation manually is very tedious, and I'm not sure what technology to use.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks!

take a look on comment 55, hope that will help!

by the way! how do you analytically develop a model?it is possible for linear but this is not the case!! :D

How do You plot the reserchers model? which programme? :P

thanks

Can someone please help me.. how can we develop analytically a model that adjust to our graph's points?

Thank You!

You can make a 3rd grade polynom model which will fit quite well with the data we have. I did that,

here it is explained how you can do it:

My link

But it would take you too much time to do it so maybe you can explain "it would be done like this bla bla" and then do it with your calculator:

My link

I hope this is any help for you.

(sorry for my english)

Can someone please tell me how they graphed the logistics graph? I'm up to the point where it asks you to graph the researcher's model and the original data, but I can't find any application online that will let me due that. And this is due tomorrow, and I really need help!...

If any one needs help with this task, I finished it last term, so just ask :)

Got 19/20 points on it.

what program did you use to graph the Logistic graph?

Hey guys!

I'm sorry I haven't seen this topic for like AGES. I'm amazed how it turned out to be so many pages! Anyways, the technology I used was:

GeoGrebra - you download this from the internet. It's super good to use once you get to know the programme, I suggest following a few tutorials on YouTube and Google to get to know it. In the end when you set up the K, L, M graph you will have sliders you can slide and make it match with the original points and get some values of them.

Microsoft Excel - this is very good if you know how to use it, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to explain how I used it / set it up to make it work out for me.

Graphic Display Calculator - a good help to estimate if the values you found by yourself are, I dunno, realistic.

I wish you all the best of (luck) work spirit and some good grades!

Hey guys!

I'm sorry I haven't seen this topic for like AGES. I'm amazed how it turned out to be so many pages! Anyways, the technology I used was:

GeoGrebra - you download this from the internet. It's super good to use once you get to know the programme, I suggest following a few tutorials on YouTube and Google to get to know it. In the end when you set up the K, L, M graph you will have sliders you can slide and make it match with the original points and get some values of them.

Microsoft Excel - this is very good if you know how to use it, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to explain how I used it / set it up to make it work out for me.

Graphic Display Calculator - a good help to estimate if the values you found by yourself are, I dunno, realistic.

I wish you all the best of (luck) work spirit and some good grades!

thanks

P.S are you really 17 years old right now??

Edited by Mahuta ♥
Please do not use text speak in the forum!-Maha :)

Can someone please explain what explicit difference they want between our model and the proposed functions that would describe the curve accurately. i just need some help in terms of what the model should consist of. And how do you work the parameters K, L and M? Help will be greatly appreciated.

I have this portfolio due on monday, however, I can't do it with ti n spire, because it shows me an error that I can't identify while using the quadratic model

linSolve

(system(

1950=(554.8)^(4)*a+(554.8)^(3)*b+(554.8)^(2)*c+554.8*d+e,

1960=(657.5)^(4)*a+(657.5)^(3)*b+(657.5)^(2)*c+657.5*d+e,

1970=(830.7)^(4)*a+(830.7)^(3)*b+(830.7)^(2)*c+830.7*d+e,

1980=(998.9)^(4)*a+(998.9)^(3)*b+(998.9)^(2)*c+998.9*d+e,

1995=(1220.5)^(4)*a+(1220.5)^(3)*b+(1220.5)^(2)*c+1220.5*d+e),{a,b,c,d,e})

and it says, that it's not possible to find a solution, what did I do wrong?

(I copied this directly from the calculator, so if it looks weird, it's for that just notice how I wrote the equations)

Hi I am currently working on the coursework and I'm stuck on finding my model. I was thinking of using an x3 or polynomial of let's say 5 but then add some element of unknown ratio of increase = x.I'm thinking something similar to the logistic function but I am sort of stuck. Does anybody have any ideas? Does anybody have one?

Hey everyone,

In one of the comments above there is a link to a website explaining how to find the cubic regression using GDC, however my question is whether that can be considered an 'analytical' way of developing the model??????

Thanks in advance=]