forgot to fill in...

I forgot to fill in the page number on the front page on my cover sheet.

arg... My coordinator said it does not really matter but just for reassurance. Is it ok? I mean it has no function other than showing how many pages I got.

The same happened with my German paper 1. I freaked out and also told my coordinator about it and he said what your coordinator said: it doesn't matter! Don't worry about it. :S It's as you said just for the examiner to know how many pages you wrote and as long as you numbered the sheets it should be fine!

I think it's just in case the pages somehow get detached from one another they have the ability to be sure they have found them all...

In my French B exam, I wrote the P2 essay in a messed up order so I started rewriting it (exactly the same content for each paragraph but just re-ordered them) but I ran out of time... So I asked my coordinator if I could just finish copying them but he said I couldn't... He then cut up my essay and glued the paragraphs into the new order on a fresh page for me and apparently that was ok since I later received a 6... So I think you should be alright with page numbers...