marked down for spelling mistakes in history?

rainbow

No, I remember the teacher saying that they don't focus on the spelling when it comes to subjects that aren't languages. So I think you should be safe. History needs very good time management I doubt they'd keep in mind the spelling mistakes when all students are in a hurry.

They get annoyed but they can’t really legitimately take away points for it. Besides penalising you for misspelling “Volksgemeinschaft” when you’re writing in English is a bit pedantic. I'm sure my entire class misspelt the name of some ship sunk in the ...something, might be WWI or Cuban Missile Crisis, and nothing happened. We were forever misspelling it, got corrected by our teacher but just stuck. I still can't remember how it's spelt (and can no longer remember the name of the ship nor when it was sunk). What does that says about the teaching... :angry:

Does the IB mark you down for spelling mistakes in subjects other than languages such as History?

When I'm under time pressure I make some stupid spelling mistakes. I am quite worried that I'll lose marks.

i think it depends on your teachers