I need books to read over the summer!

Jason08

• 1 year later...

If you like really good crime and punishment novels with a little bit of mystery and great character strength, I recommend "Prisoner of Birth" by Jeffrey Archer. I tried it randomly at the library and was surprised at how captured I was as the plot progressed. A great read, definitely worth looking at! :)

• 3 months later...

Ishmael- Daniel Quinn (really changed my perspective of life- that's how powerful this novel was to me)

A Thousand Splendid Suns- Khaled Hosseini

Of Mice and Men- John Steinback (recently read this- definitely a book that toys with your emotions especially near the end)

Wide Sargasso Sea- Jean Rhys (although the language is quite simplistic, every word is significant and this has been the best books I've read for my English A1 class)

The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald (got to be one of the greatest classics out there)

Macbeth- William Shakespeare (I know not the exact type of literature you expect but this play is amazingly powerful, I have read it many times)

All Quiet on the Western Front- Erich Maria Remarque (tragic and anything but happy but powerful and convincing)

As you may know, summer holidays for North American students are in one week (for me). I really want to get back to my habit of reading books. Are there any good novels or series to go after? I really open to any genre of novels... So just fire away with any novel that you think is good biggrin.gif

Thanks

Hunger Games Trilogy

Divergent Trilogy

Kane Chronicles