Downloading files that have been moderated?

Center Field

"If you are submitting an IA, please ensure that it has been through IB moderation i.e. it has been marked by an IB examiner and you have received a grade for it. If we post an IA that has been unmoderated, turnitin.com will detect it and the IB will declare your IA plagiarised. Therefore, save yourself the embarrassment and only post IAs that have been marked by the IBO."

I read this on the announcement, and was a tad puzzled. Does this mean that I cannot download my Physics SL IA's because my labs were not sent to the IBO for the moderation? My labs were not selected to be moderated but I already tested out of that class, so does this mean I can still be trouble for plagiarism?

• Like 1

Did you say that you've already taken that exam and you've received a score as an IB candidate?

You'll be fine to upload your labs. This is more for World Literature papers [which aren't actually IAs] and Historical Investigations where plagiarism is more obvious and other IAs where your teacher may collect the IA at some point but may not mail it off til much later and check for plagiarism at that later date and/or it may be checked for plagiarism by an IBO moderator. Overall, it's just safer to upload documents after you've finished the IB course and received your marks for it. In your case, if I'm reading what you've said correctly, you've already finished the course and taken the exam, so the warning doesn't apply to you for physics labs.

• Like 1