What would you do if you were in control of IB Survival.com

Graeme

1) Add a "reply" button on each post so that people can talk to each other on threads easily

2) Add instant messaging (with the standard attach files, emoticons, etc)

3) Add the ability to follow certain tags so that you can always keep updated with certain topics

edit:

4) Allow profile design customization

5) Allow people to use "themes" for IB survival so they can change the way they see it if they wish (there will be free themes but also paid themes to generate some revenue for the site)

Edited by Matsu

• 1 month later...

1. Maybe tagging people like on facebook? So if you want someone to see something, you tag them. For example, if you are not sure and you want to tag someone who could confirm it.
2. Have a section of top topics. The really useful tips and pages (like those that are pinned). To decide the top ones (maybe top 20 or so), admins can choose and see which ones are really useful, or we can vote. Personally, it would be more reliable if the admins discuss and pick them, but it might be quite a lot of work.
3. I'm not sure if this will look messy, or if it even is necessary - automatically showing changes when someone edits a post.
4. Have a list of people who are known for being good at a particular subject/topic/field (maybe they need to consent to it?) so that newer people are aware? They can then ask them if they need to?

What is the arcade thingy? Is it still on?

Edit: 5. Maybe the unreplied topics can be removed if they are there for too long? Especially if it is not a thread asking for help but a discussion thread. Or there could be another section for unreplied discussion threads.

Edited by -._._.-

• 1 month later...

I saw this thread and I was like "Well, IBSurvival is doing pretty well, I would just leave it as is". If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But then I read these and I was like "YES YES YES We must have these features!"

Make these happen :phone:

Oh, and I would love a dislike button. Every action should have an opposite. Enough dislikes and the post gets buried. For those misusing the forums that the moderators haven't got to yet, though I've never seen that happen myself.

Edited by Brienna

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If I were to have control of the forum, which would be highly unlikely due to the fact that I have only been a member for a week or so, I would have a section for former students of the IB program to discuss why they left. Also, they would be able to discuss alternatives and tips for those seeking the path of leaving the IB program. I believe that in order for a forum to be completely helpful in terms of its related purpose and title, it needs to include the entire spectrum, not just what would be geared toward just the students who are currently in the IB program. In reality, the students who have already been through the IBDP would actually seem to need their own section, too.

Edited by IB*Dropout

If I were to have control of the forum, which would be highly unlikely due to the fact that I have only been a member for a week or so, I would have a section for former students of the IB program to discuss why they left. Also, they would be able to discuss alternatives and tips for those seeking the path of leaving the IB program. I believe that in order for a forum to be completely helpful in terms of its related purpose and title, it needs to include the entire spectrum, not just what would be geared toward just the students are currently in the IB program. In reality, the students who have already been through the IBDP would actually seem to need their own section, too.

Why would people who have left the IB programme bother to go on an IB internet forum to discuss it? In all my years of posting on IBS, you're the first IB-leaver to be so bothered about it.

• Like 5

If I were to have control of the forum, which would be highly unlikely due to the fact that I have only been a member for a week or so, I would have a section for former students of the IB program to discuss why they left. Also, they would be able to discuss alternatives and tips for those seeking the path of leaving the IB program. I believe that in order for a forum to be completely helpful in terms of its related purpose and title, it needs to include the entire spectrum, not just what would be geared toward just the students are currently in the IB program. In reality, the students who have already been through the IBDP would actually seem to need their own section, too.

Why would people who have left the IB programme bother to go on an IB internet forum to discuss it? In all my years of posting on IBS, you're the first IB-leaver to be so bothered about it.

Truthfully, it would not necessarily be for the individuals who left the IB program to completely discuss why they left, however, it would specifically be for those who are considering leaving, searching for alternatives, such as the PSEOP, and it would also be for those who would share their stories and tips after being out of the IBDP. Some individuals actually study why students leave the IBDP in the case for the purpose of completing an extended-oriented essay. One girl from Pennsylvania called a few weeks ago for an interview in regards to why I chose to leave the IB program, therefore, the section could potentially be helpful in multifarious way. To answer the other side of your question, I would concur to the fact that I am bothered as of right now in regards to leaving the IBDP due to what I have posted. You will also most likely learn by what will be posted in the future.

Truthfully, it would not necessarily be for the individuals who left the IB program to completely discuss why they left, however, it would specifically be for those who are considering leaving, searching for alternatives, such as the PSEOP, and it would also be for those who would share their stories and tips after being out of the IBDP. Some individuals actually study why students leave the IBDP in the case for the purpose of completing an extended-oriented essay. One girl from Pennsylvania called a few weeks ago for an interview in regards to why I chose to leave the IB program, therefore, the section could potentially be helpful in multifarious way. To answer the other side of your question, I would concur to the fact that I am bothered as of right now in regards to leaving the IBDP due to what I have posted. You will also most likely learn by what will be posted in the future.

I still don't understand why you left the programme though. What happened in those six weeks that embittered you so much? Were the teachers really bad? Was the school unsupportive? Was it too hard for you?

Edited by Arrowhead

Ugh, not another post about 'I only lasted 6 weeks in IB and now I love PSEOP,' honestly, people come here to discuss IB not be convinced to leave for other things, for example if you liked video game forums you wouldn't expect to see some guy constantly posting in it saying 'you shouldn't play video games you should go outside instead and I think this video game forum needs to give you examples of other things to do' because that simply is not the point of the forum.

You've had your fun obsessively trawling an IB forum saying why 6 weeks of it hurt you so badly and what you should do instead, now please can you stop? Go find a PSEOP forum to worship PSEOP and stop reliving your choice to give up IB everyday, it's getting a bit annoying.

If you see a thread saying 'I'm feeling sick of IB, what can I do instead?' you may jump for joy and leave your relevant response there instead, where it will be useful... in the meantime can you stop posting the same thing repeatedly in all threads regarding the IB forums and people asking for help with the IB?

• Like 5

Ugh, not another post about 'I only lasted 6 weeks in IB and now I love PSEOP,' honestly, people come here to discuss IB not be convinced to leave for other things, for example if you liked video game forums you wouldn't expect to see some guy constantly posting in it saying 'you shouldn't play video games you should go outside instead and I think this video game forum needs to give you examples of other things to do' because that simply is not the point of the forum.

You've had your fun obsessively trawling an IB forum saying why 6 weeks of it hurt you so badly and what you should do instead, now please can you stop? Go find a PSEOP forum to worship PSEOP and stop reliving your choice to give up IB everyday, it's getting a bit annoying.

If you see a thread saying 'I'm feeling sick of IB, what can I do instead?' you may jump for joy and leave your relevant response there instead, where it will be useful... in the meantime can you stop posting the same thing repeatedly in all threads regarding the IB forums and people asking for help with the IB?

Look, I am not violating any guidelines that have been set for this forum. I am only relevantly sharing my experience on this forum. Apparently, you are not open to accept the fact that I am here due to that fact that I am coming from a different perspective. I have done nothing wrong thus far, therefore, your accusations are false. I would like to also state the fact that your post is not relevant to this topic, therefore, I must remind you of the rules of this forum to be relevant when posting. If you have any concerns or hatred toward my posts, then I would ask that you raise those concerns in a private message. Thank you...

Look, I am not violating any guidelines that have been set for this forum. I am only relevantly sharing my experience on this forum. Apparently, you are not open to accept the fact that I am here due to that fact that I am coming from a different perspective. I have done nothing wrong thus far, therefore, your accusations are false. I would like to also state the fact that your post is not relevant to this topic, therefore, I must remind you of the rules of this forum to be relevant when posting. If you have any concerns or hatred toward my posts, then I would ask that you raise those concerns in a private message. Thank you...

You still haven't answered my question though.

• Like 2

You don't have to be violating guidelines to be annoying. If you had violated guidelines, I would have merely banned you/sent you warnings as opposed to politely asking you to stop posting to everyone 'enjoying' the IB or asking for help with the IB about how you dropped out and am now doing PSEOP because it is getting annoying and repetitive. FYI if it was decided to be spamming (posting irrelevant things repeatedly) then yes, you would be violating guidelines. I'm just reasonable enough to see that as of current, you are not, and it is for the exact reason that people are free to post their opinions that you are not in the wrong, merely being asked to cut it out. I don't even know why you couldn't handle the IB as you seem like a fairly rational and intelligent person... it's just that I've seen you in a multitude of threads posting the same thing as always that is borderline irrelevant to the topic.

Also, a moderator is allowed to give warnings or make requests of someone who is potentially being disruptive without leaving an on topic reply - I am sure you would prefer this to be simply deleting your posts - it is within my power but I can understand why that would be unfair so I am actually giving you benefit of the doubt here. Please can you post about your reasons for dropping out and your alternatives only when it is fully relevant instead of just to make a point - I'm only trying to ask politely here because 90% of the time it's a wasted post.

Thank you.

You don't have to be violating guidelines to be annoying. If you had violated guidelines, I would have merely banned you/sent you warnings as opposed to politely asking you to stop posting to everyone 'enjoying' the IB or asking for help with the IB about how you dropped out and am now doing PSEOP because it is getting annoying and repetitive. FYI if it was decided to be spamming (posting irrelevant things repeatedly) then yes, you would be violating guidelines. I'm just reasonable enough to see that as of current, you are not, and it is for the exact reason that people are free to post their opinions that you are not in the wrong, merely being asked to cut it out. I don't even know why you couldn't handle the IB as you seem like a fairly rational and intelligent person... it's just that I've seen you in a multitude of threads posting the same thing as always that is borderline irrelevant to the topic.

Also, a moderator is allowed to give warnings or make requests of someone who is potentially being disruptive without leaving an on topic reply - I am sure you would prefer this to be simply deleting your posts - it is within my power but I can understand why that would be unfair so I am actually giving you benefit of the doubt here. Please can you post about your reasons for dropping out and your alternatives only when it is fully relevant instead of just to make a point - I'm only trying to ask politely here because 90% of the time it's a wasted post.

Thank you.

You are entitled to believe as you wish due to the fact that it is a basic, universal right that a human retains. My opinion would be that I do not agree with some positive posts, however, I am not mentioning that I feel that way. Since you inferred that I have not violated any rules, why are you so concerned just due to the fact that I have a different perspective? I do not believe, however, I am not 100% positive to the fact that I do not believe that a post is required to be 100% to the topic. I have been thriving to make my posts more relevant for each time that I generate a post. Most of the posts that I read on this forum are not 100% relevant. I believe that you are "picking" me out due to the fact that I have a different perspective. Tell me, would you be saying this to an individual who prides the program? Would you say to one who shares experiences after providing helpful advice? Would he be under the equivalent circumstances? I am not at all irritated, however, I do not comprehend how I am doing anything wrong.

Thank you.

You are entitled to believe as you wish due to the fact that it is a basic, universal right that a human retains. My opinion would be that I do not agree with some positive posts, however, I am not mentioning that I feel that way. Since you inferred that I have not violated any rules, why are you so concerned just due to the fact that I have a different perspective? I do not believe, however, I am not 100% positive to the fact that I do not believe that a post is required to be 100% to the topic. I have been thriving to make my posts more relevant for each time that I generate a post. Most of the posts that I read on this forum are not 100% relevant. I believe that you are "picking" me out due to the fact that I have a different perspective. Tell me, would you be saying this to an individual who prides the program? Would you say to one who shares experiences after providing helpful advice? Would he be under the equivalent circumstances? I am not at all irritated, however, I do not comprehend how I am doing anything wrong.

Honestly, we're not slaves of the IBO, which you seem to be implying. It's not what you're saying, it's how you're saying it, that's the problem. You're presenting no arguments about why IB is bad, just saying it is and that you couldn't handle it. We feel for you, really. But writing the same thing a number of time doesn't make you any more convincing. As I've said, I'm not an avid supporter of the IB, quite the contrary, I could write a doctorate about the disadvantages of the IB. I have expressed my opinion about both advantages and disadvantages of the programme on a number of occasions, without annoying anyone.

I'd also ask you ONCE AGAIN to stop telling the moderators how to run the forum, or reprimand them. We're keeping an eye on each other, you can rest assured.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Honestly, we're not slaves of the IBO, which you seem to be implying. It's not what you're saying, it's how you're saying it, that's the problem. You're presenting no arguments about why IB is bad, just saying it is and that you couldn't handle it. We feel for you, really. But writing the same thing a number of time doesn't make you any more convincing. As I've said, I'm not an avid supporter of the IB, quite the contrary, I could write a doctorate about the disadvantages of the IB. I have expressed my opinion about both advantages and disadvantages of the programme on a number of occasions, without annoying anyone.

I'd also ask you ONCE AGAIN to stop telling the moderators how to run the forum, or reprimand them. We're keeping an eye on each other, you can rest assured.

I, in all honesty, do not believe that you are a "slave" of the IBO. As a note on the side, I do not think that it is called the IBO at this juncture. Anyway, throughout my posts, since you brought this to my concern, I have expressed some arguments in regards to why I believe the IBDP is not the best program. The IBDP works for some individuals. For others, it does not work very well. I love being on this forum to read in regards to multifarious posts regarding the IB program in general. I participated in a survey, gave advice, and responded to posts in a fair manner. I hope that you are not taking my responses as a gesture that I would like to run the forum. I just stated in my previous posts that I am confused by the fact that another moderator would bring my post to attention that appeared to be attached to this thread. The thread specifically asked for my opinion in regards to what could be done for the forum. I thought that I could implement a suggestion, however, I did not demand anything of this forum. As I have mentioned before, the IBPP has its advantages, which I have mentioned in previous posts, however, I also states the disadvantages of the IBDP. You have to weigh both of the ends of the spectrum in terms of the multifarious perspectives. I hope that I am not offending anybody on this forum. Edited by IB*Dropout

I, in all honesty, do not believe that you are a "slave" of the IBO. As a note on the side, I do not think that it is called the IBO at this juncture. Anyway, throughout my posts, since you brought this to my concern, I have expressed some arguments in regards to why I believe the IBDP is not the best program. The IBDP works for some individuals. For others, it does not work very well. I love being on this forum to read in regards to multifarious posts regarding the IB program in general. I participated in a survey, gave advice, and responded to posts in a fair manner. I hope that you are not taking my responses as a gesture that I would like to run the forum. I just stated in my previous posts that I am confused by the fact that another moderator would bring my post to attention that appeared to be attached to this thread. The thread specifically asked for my opinion in regards to what could be done for the forum. I thought that I could implement a suggestion, however, I did not demand anything of this forum. As I have mentioned before, the IBPP has its advantages, which I have mentioned in previous posts, however, I also states the disadvantages of the IBDP. You have to weigh both of the ends of the spectrum in terms of the multifarious perspectives. I hope that I am not offending anybody on this forum.

Actually, no. This is the first time you've even mentioned something balanced in this regard. It's one thing to argue that you're providing an alternate perspective, it's quite another to actually provide that perspective. The only reasoning you've given about why you dislike the IB is "it works for some individuals and not for others". That's not even a good reason.

Also. You. Still. Haven't. Answered. My. Question. Why are you avoiding answering it?

Edited by Arrowhead
  • Like 2

• Graeme unpinned this topic