Do not discuss exams until 24 hours have passed. More information about the rules here.

Graeme

What would you do if you were in control of IB Survival.com

281 posts in this topic
I would make a Geography Forum

This will probably be added soon :D .

Impose a minimum download limit post number of 10 or 15.

-or-

Impose a breast-for-tat policy where people get something, for contributing something.

Just to stop the freeloaders. Great initiative Graeme, it's definitely more umm cozy and close-knit than TSR or IBScrewed which is great!

i agree haha, maybe seperate the english & other languages forum? like have mando, spanish etc in a separate forum?

Edited by Eternal.

Wow, you know exactly what we are thinking :sparta: . We're about to do that, not quite in the way you proposed, but anyways renewing the structure of the Lang forum.

Encourage all IB students to join this forum. I only see one from my college so far. The rest is not active I guess.

The more the merrier.

I would change the VIP to policy, so that it depends on the kind of posts you post, not the number. In another words, qualitative judging, not quantitative.

Encourage all IB students to join this forum. I only see one from my college so far. The rest is not active I guess.

The more the merrier.

You think we don't do that?

I would change the VIP to policy, so that it depends on the kind of posts you post, not the number. In another words, qualitative judging, not quantitative.

Actually at the moment it's a bit of both. We do VIP people early (before 100 posts) if they've been making decent posts. It's just our call as to when. :blush:

As Lc said, we often VIP people before they reach 100 posts if we feel that they deserve it. Obviously this is easier said than done, but we try.

Still extending on what Graeme and Elsa said, it is qualitative, not quantitative at all. The 100 post limit is just there to stop spammers from reaching the old 50 and gaining VIP before we could notice it. Thus far, I don't think anyone has gained 'automatic' VIP at a 100 posts, but we've already VIP'd several people before reaching 100 posts.

Elsa?? Look again, it's Hien, gents. *pouts* - We don't have a smiley for that. :P This will do :P

Haha, I could have sworn it was her.. I saw Lc.. Guess I'm not used to the name changes yet :P

Elsa?? Look again, it's Hien, gents. *pouts* - We don't have a smiley for that. :P This will do :P

MWAHAHAHAHA he likes me better :D

lol I have no idea what that has to do with anything :P but I'll make that argument now hahaha

ok I will stop spamming now!

Thus far, I don't think anyone has gained 'automatic' VIP at a 100 posts

I did, lol. That's why I said it should be qualitative. Didnt really know it is. It seemed quantitative to me.

But now that almost all mod and admins said it, Im sure I'll never forget that fact. :S

If I was incharge, I would allow users to change skin color.

Edited by Aboo

If I was incharge, I would allow users to change skin color.

What colour would you like?

The reason I haven't done anything about the design is because we will soon be changing (upgrading) the forum software. :S

What colour would you like?

The reason I haven't done anything about the design is because we will soon be changing (upgrading) the forum software.

I want this color "#D9006C", its my favorite color :S

how are you going to change it?

All right. I will try to make some skin variations for the new forum.. Although you might have to wait a couple weeks. I'm hoping sooner rather than later ^_^ .

YAAAY! I'll wait for a month if I have to, as long as that color is there! ^_^

I would give at least a download preview to the newcomers like me. If I had a preview, I would pay for the website, but since I don't know what the downloads include, I will not get a VIP membership, which makes the website slightly useless.

I would give at least a download preview to the newcomers like me. If I had a preview, I would pay for the website, but since I don't know what the downloads include, I will not get a VIP membership, which makes the website slightly useless.

I've been thinking about doing this for a while. When we update the forum (hopefully within this month) I will add some previews for free :P .

However, if you would like a preview file of some sort, feel free to PM me and I will of course consider it :S .

Something I thought of saying, I dont see why people use this website just for downloading. :(

I never knew you can download stuff, I just joined the website because it just interested me.

Is there anyone else with the same view?

Umm..Graeme, I didnt really know where to put this, so I just put it here. If you know where it should be please move it. Thanks

Or any other admin or mod. ;)

More inbox space for PM's? I feel panicky seeing that 18% of my space is already gone, and I usually don't delete messages so I can refer back to them if I have to (my memory is faulty). Maybe space for up to 150 messages?

Lol yeah..mine is like 70% full. Just out of curiosity, does increasing the space available affect anything? Like I'm thinking it might affect how fast the forum loads.

Edited by mahuta

If I were in control of IB Survival, I would impose a breast for tat download system. This means every time you upload something useful, you get a point. This point can be spent on downloading one thing. This is for the non- VIP's- once VIP is obtained, I would continue the same procedure. I am sure many non-VIP's have come up with similar ideas to gain access to downloadable material- and I understand that it is probably getting annoying :P But, it would be nice if such a system were implemented so that all can enjoy downloads and none would be freeloading. I still think the site is great and appreciate the helpful atmosphere :P

when i said once VIP i would implement the same procedure, i meant that VIP's will enjoy all the priviliges that they enjoy now. The exchange point system would only be for non- VIPs

when i said once VIP i would implement the same procedure, i meant that VIP's will enjoy all the priviliges that they enjoy now. The exchange point system would only be for non- VIPs

You do know that depending on the quality of files uploaded, you can be VIP'd early? :P