What would you do if you were in control of IB Survival.com

Graeme

• 4 weeks later...

I would advertise this awesome site more. Maybe all over facebook through all those IB related groups/ meme pages. Honestly if I knew about this site earlier, I'd have deleted my facebook account and joined time ago. I shudder when I think of how I lived life before, slghtly addicted, but it's all good <3

Oh and I'd separate the Maths HL and Further maths forum, itls a bit cumbersome when searching for further maths specific posts.

Edited by The Economist
Merged two posts.
  • Like 1

Oh and I'd separate the Maths HL and Further maths forum, itls a bit cumbersome when searching for further maths specific posts.

You can hit "edit post" in order to avoid posting multiple times in case you'd like to add more to a previous post :)

Also, since so few people take further maths and even fewer post questions about it on here, there's really no point to adding a sub-forum since it really wouldn't be used much.

• Like 1

The number of students taking Further Maths is significantly small. For the May 2012 exam I think we were 3 students. Consequently, there are only a few topics concerning Further Maths. Also, the IBO has stated that this subject is no longer going to be available from the 2014 examination session.

Edit: Emily I just saw your post. Sorry. :P Anyway, I completely agree with the above user.

Edited by The Economist

Well, i would make it possible for peoplel to discuss past paper problems and IB problems in general i.e help each other when one finds a problem tricky. I know that you guys are concerned that people are going to get help with their homework and their other work..etc but I think that if you are doing IB you are mature enough to know that if you cheat on your homework and coursework by getting help from the forums you are only cheating yourself. In the end you are going to have to deal with the consequences of your actions.

Well, i would make it possible for peoplel to discuss past paper problems and IB problems in general i.e help each other when one finds a problem tricky. I know that you guys are concerned that people are going to get help with their homework and their other work..etc but I think that if you are doing IB you are mature enough to know that if you cheat on your homework and coursework by getting help from the forums you are only cheating yourself. In the end you are going to have to deal with the consequences of your actions.

You certainly can do this, and we have several threads around the forum for exactly this purpose. For example - see http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/16830-mathematics-hlslstudies-help/

The only thing we don't want is people cheating on current IAs or current exams, as it's against the IBO's policies. If you need help on anything else, that's what we're here for.

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, Ib survival should have a type of IB emergency help desk or something.

Where students that are under a lot of pressure need an answer to something fast, they type their query in the help desk and then all the admins or those that follow the desk get notified. If the people following the thread have any ideas, they type them in and send to the student in need. this way, the student doesnt have to wait or keep checking to see if his thread has been replied to, but gets a notification by email or something.

Essentialy its a faster easier way to communicate and help between fellow Armagedd.....I mean Ib survivors.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest HayashiEsme

I love how cosy it is, not many forums, nevermind IB forums are like that. I don't really see the need for a revolutionary change, nevermind a suggestion:P So I guess it's my way of saying thanks to the admins and mods:) I've only been here for half a day and I think it's amazing:)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am posting this here because I feel that it will get more attention.

I am basically writing this to get your views on what you would like to see here at IB Survival.

Although I feel like the forum is great as it is, I feel like there are ways in which we could improve.

The question is, if you were in control of this site, and you could do anything, what would you do? How would you structure the site? What would you add?

Just curious to hear some opinions. laugh.gif

I'm all ears.

I think I would simplify this site by organizing things more. And many things are way too customizable which causes confusion. There are way too many icons on one page and as a new member, it is hard to navigate around the site without loosing track :) I hope that helps. On the bright side, I learn a lot from this site and people are so smart here.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

in my humble opinion Ib survival should be a place where students can have fast and quick feedback on tasks or problems they have.

we should have a quick answer board or something of the like.

for instance, it would be where people as long as their problem is iB related they can copy paste the text or ask questions and within minutes they would get an answer, get a small notification, and could so continue their work.

TL:DR we need a fast and easy Q and A reply system

*just my opinion*

in my humble opinion Ib survival should be a place where students can have fast and quick feedback on tasks or problems they have.

we should have a quick answer board or something of the like.

for instance, it would be where people as long as their problem is iB related they can copy paste the text or ask questions and within minutes they would get an answer, get a small notification, and could so continue their work.

TL:DR we need a fast and easy Q and A reply system

*just my opinion*

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe make a section for each subject?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Graeme unpinned this topic