Anyone interested in compiling notes?

theloserwins

It's usually better to compile your own notes so that you actually understand them, and will be able to recall them during the exam.

And I think you're looking for this section:

http://www.ibsurvival.com/files/

Yes, I agree that sometimes your own notes will be easier to understand.

I also know the Files section.

But the thing is, you sometimes miss parts of your notes without noticing.

What I'm trying to do is, to find a few people, and gather all our notes and stuff so that the chance of missing parts of our notes is lower.

• 4 weeks later...

I know what you both are say, and I'd like to add, the fastest(quickest way of compiling notes for, for example and entire syllabus such as biology, would be to follow each individual part of each section and of each topic within the subjects syllabus) this way, you can right for example:

topic 2.1 cell theory:

.1. out line cell theory:

.2. discuss cell theory:

and so on,

you won't miss a single part of the syllabus, and it'll help you tremendously in the exams on recall and u'll understand everything. the only problem is it is cumbersome to do it like this. a good way would be a group of people each do a topic, for example I do cell theory (topic 2.2) someone else does topic 2.three (prokaryotic cells) another person does topic 2.4 ect....the syllabus would be done in less than 2 weeks, and you ll will be prepared for the exams in no time....

I wish I had a group of people to help with a few subjects....

cheers, and good luck

A$H

excuse the spelling mistakes.... type really fast.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it, Lets just say theoretically I wrote a PHP app for this, which let us compile notes, we could have a giant notes database, would IB Survival be willing to host it?

I might just dedicate some of my free time to this, It would be fun.

edit: kinda like a wiki type thing but specifically for notes?

Edited by timtamboy63
  • Like 1

Haha great idea. Basically a PHP app is kinda like a website, but its dynamic. For example, the forum system this forum is running on is a PHP app. It's a website, but dynamic, and allows input. What im thinking would be similiar but streamlined and based of the syllabus - anybody can edit it, anybody can access it and it's completely community run.

First we gotta ask if they'll host it on this server, they might not trust me enough, if not I can probably find a friends server to host it on, but it will be temporary.

I like it, Lets just say theoretically I wrote a PHP app for this, which let us compile notes, we could have a giant notes database, would IB Survival be willing to host it?

I might just dedicate some of my free time to this, It would be fun.

edit: kinda like a wiki type thing but specifically for notes?

We could definitely host it, but I would have to check it out first :). If you want to show me a demo or something, feel free to contact me directly.

[email protected] or [email protected]

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

Hey can contribute to developing the PHP app. Give me a PM if you looking for people and would like me to join. Oh and everyone im compiling notes for physics. Got quite a lot of the chapters done. Will post soon so you guys can use it to study. Thats if you would like. Stay tune.hehe :yes: But like mahuta said I also find it quite useful to making my own notes. But the exchanging of notes is a good idea. Thumbs UP ;)

I've got loads of notes on Biology too...basically everything till chapter 9 though missing some parts in 7...I've also got some notes on chemistry

The only problem is that it is on OneNote file. But it can easily be changed to pdf :yes: