What is the worst mark you have received for a test or exam you actually tried to do well in?

saunders is god

• 1 month later...

41/80 on a Pre-Board Physics exam, but this was before IB (where I dropped Physics from my course load and never looked back).

During the IB, I think the worst for me was when I got a 4 in an English commentary at the beginning of Year 2. When I confronted my English teacher and asked why, this is how the conversation went:

Teacher: "It was dry and analytical. Perhaps a little less focus on finding literary devices in quotes and little more focus on what the poem made you think about the real world, like the war in Afghanistan."

Me: "The poem is about marshmellows..."

Teacher: "Exactly! Think what a leap of logic it would be to connect it to the War in Afghanistan!

Me: "...what?"

Teacher: "Be more creative for a high score."

He wasn't a very good IB English teacher, and they sacked him at the end of the year, but not after he screwed all the IB students over for English HL and SL. I'm just glad we did have a decent teacher in Year 1 who taught us better than this buffoon.

Edited by Arrowhead
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

I got a 1 or a 2 (out of 6) on a maths test once. I don't remember the details, only that within a year I had several 7s from IB SL maths and wanted to rub them in the face of the teacher who said I wouldn't do well in maths. The only 6 I got in SL maths was on my final exam, and I still don't get how I got 87% and not a 7.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...