What is the hardest topic in the entire Maths HL?

saunders is god

I guess there was a similar thread. In fact i'm going to repeat what I said there :no: :

Calculus, as everyone has said, is not hard, even when the question asks you to apply it to real life situations. Moreover, you don't have to memorise the rules; you'll find them in the data booklet during your exams.

The hardest topics are those two: Probability and statistics & Vectors!

That's my own opinion. There's so much to know about probability, so make sure you study it well before the actual exam.

Vectors the 3-D part is quite confusing, but you can manage to understand it. I guess it's a personal problem, since nobody else thought that vectors is one of the hardest topics. :wub:

• Like 2

Thats true actually...we are doing vectors in class and im having a really tough time...

You're doing vectors? Your IB exams are in 2012, so i'm assuming you're now doing your first semester. So, does this mean the first thing you took in math HL classes is vectors? That's horrible! :no:

:wub: Good luck anyways for those of you who didn't set their exams yet, you can do it!

• 4 months later...

I changed from Maths studies to higher :D (eventhough my teacher idnt let me first..;D)

I think Sequences is a bit tough and maybe some parts of probability (the bit, where it's not easy anymore)

and oh my god maths studies is a BIG JOKE! :P

• 4 years later...

Is trigonometry actually very hard? Thats my next topic and i really need to stop getting 4s in Maths. One more question, Is Trig functions harder or Trig equations?

it's not too hard, but it's not easy...  they sometimes make mean questions about that topic (lots of identities and arctans and all that).  And a lot of trig questions get mixed with the calculus. But I'm sure you'll do fine