TOK topic on Racism

noah:)

Hey guys :)

Me and my partner is doing a presentation on racism and was wondering if the knowledge issue of perception would be a good idea.

What we were thinking of doing was first start off with showing the class 3 power point slides, each showing a yellow, white and black person. Then I will blind fold them and let them tell me which race I just showed onto the screen. This will first draw the attention of the class and raise the issue that racism would have not existed if we had no sight.

Then me and my partner don't know how we can move on from there and was wondering if you guys would help us plan what we should bring up in our presentation.

Thanks loads! :D

noah and claire :)

[remember the characters from HEROs lol]

Racism sounds like a viable topic and it's a good idea to involve the audience somehow, like you suggested. But exactly what did you intend to talk about and what is the knowledge issue? You weren't very detailed. If you tell me more about your ideas, I can give you more feedback. But so far, so good :D

• 9 years later...

Despite the high level of tolerance in the modern world, the problem of racism continues to exist on a massive scale. For example, scandals in football matches constantly occur in Europe, when fans show aggressive racism towards black players. You can learn more about this in my essays and articles https://tooly.io/racism/. I do not understand how such a terrible attitude towards people can exist in modern society.

Edited by MollyBourne

• 3 months later...